Thursday, May 06, 2010

Thankfulness on Thursday

Kim started it and many of my other bloggy friends and acquaintances are following suit, chronicling their weekly thanksgiving on Thursdays, though much more consistently than I. Today I join them in expressing thanksgiving to the sovereign God of the universe for the blessings He has graciously granted me this week...

I am thankful for the hours I spent on Tuesday out on the porch with laptop and Bible in preparation to lead Bible study Wednesday.

I am thankful for God's Word.

I am thankful for my laptop and for wireless internet.

I am thankful for my porch.

I am thankful for the beautiful weather.

I am thankful for coffee; though not indispensable to Bible study prep, it sure complements it!

I am thankful for breakfast with my friend in lieu of Bible study. Sure, I was disappointed no one else could make it to class, but the french toast and the conversation, both were good.

I am thankful for my friend.

I am thankful for french toast.

I am thankful for the privilege of hearing God's Word preached with power and passion each Sunday morning, even when the sermon is on mortifying sin.

I am thankful for conviction; though certainly not pleasant, it is the Lord's goodness to me as He is faithful to do the good work of sanctification, conforming me to the image of His Son Jesus from one degree of glory to another.

I am thankful for my church and my pastors.

I am thankful for my husband who loves me consistently and persistently.

I am thankful for those occasional, spontaneous hugs from my boys who are growing up far too quickly.

I am thankful that "God, who said 'Let light shine out of darkness,' has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." (2 Cor. 4:6)

What are you thankful for this week?

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for women in love with the Word of God who love to share their journey. I am thankful for friends that have godly words to say even though I have not seen their face.

    Have a day full of thanksgiving opportunities!

    (My thankful day is Monday)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I'm grateful for a husband who understands my need to be spontaneous and leave town on a whim! Just a change of pace does so much for me! He also took the kids out to run errands tonight so I could have a whole hour at home by myself!

    Yes, I'm grateful for my husband!

    ReplyDelete