Wednesday, June 16, 2010

We interrupt this break...

...to give you a glimpse of what I've been doing instead of blogging.

I told you our wood floors in the dining room were damaged due to a leak from the refrigerator. Well, after several days of fans and dehumidifiers, the mitigation guys finally had to pull up the wet floor:


Well, the upside is this: insurance has finally paid off and we are set to get all new wood floors! The flooring people will of course move all the large furniture pieces as part of the installation cost but for the downside: I have to have all the small stuff out of the way, which means all the books and various and sundry junk that were here...


...are now here:



Yep, I've been hauling books from the downstairs bookcase to the upstairs hallway. We only have three bookcases that need emptying (not all of them as large as the one in the photo, thank goodness).

So that's what I've been doing, in case you were wondering! And in a week or so, I'll get to haul them all back downstairs!

And now we return to the regularly scheduled break...

11 comments:

  1. :0) Oh my that's a lot of hauling...
    Glad you got a settlement and can replace the floors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WAS wondering.

    LOVE the red color, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you don't need to worry about using a stairmaster any time soon! And new wood floors - what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh! What a pain! Sorry you have to live through this mess, but if you're anything like me, you'll see it as an opportunity to get rid of clutter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the paint color in your dining room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just love getting things all cleaned up and cleaned out?? We had new hardwoods installed this spring and also had to move everything out of the room - no easy task AT ALL. But, the end result was wonderful - hope you enjoy the finished product.
    Love, love, love the red paint on the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. wow. That's a lot of work! And I'm speaking from experience here. Can you post some after pictures too? I'm a total sucker for the reno pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a lot of work, but at least it's a good workout and the result will be beautiful. Love the red - my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. I would be in big trouble if I had to move all my books. But all new floors might be worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. I would be in big trouble if I had to move all my books. But all new floors might be worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't you just love getting things all cleaned up and cleaned out?? We had new hardwoods installed this spring and also had to move everything out of the room - no easy task AT ALL. But, the end result was wonderful - hope you enjoy the finished product.
    Love, love, love the red paint on the walls.

    ReplyDelete