So, once again, it's time for 5 Minutes for Books' monthly carnival where inquiring minds want to know: "What's on your nightstand?" In other words, what's everybody reading? I am currently reading...
- Surprised by Grace: God's Relentless Pursuit of Rebels by Tullian Tchividjian
- Home: A Novel by Marilynne Robinson
Yes, only two titles in my "reading now" stack, if you can believe it.
It's also fall (yes and amen) which means it is time for Katrina's Fall Into Reading Challenge. This is a fun reading challenge that I've participated in off and on ever since I first entered the blogging realm. The rules of engagement are pretty simple: you post a list of books you hope to read, you read, and then at the end of the challenge you post about what you read (or didn't read). Plus Katrina has fun prizes and stuff throughout the challenge! Want to find out more? Click here for Katrina's Fall Into Reading introduction.
So, what do I hope to read this fall? For once I don't really have any firm goals but here's some titles that have languished on my To Be Read list for quite some time plus a few titles that are soon to be released...
- Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God (I will get to this one! I will!)
- Women's Ministry in the Local Church
- Holiness: Its Nature, Hindrances, Difficulties, and Roots
- Same Kind of Different As Me: A Modern-Day Slave, an International Art Dealer, and the Unlikely Woman Who Bound Them Together
- In the Company of Others: A Father Tim Novel--I love Father Tim and can I just say that Jan Karon takes far too long between novels? If you haven't read her Mitford series, you must!
- The Eyre Affair: A Thursday Next Novel--I saw this one on one of Carrie's lists and I was intrigued! I'm thinking it may be part of my next amazon order.
- My Name Is Mary Sutter: A Novel--Lauren's review at 5 Minutes for Books piqued my interest.
- The Road--Will I like it? Will I hate it? I'm not sure about this one.
But here's the real fun of these reading challenges: finding out what everyone else is reading! So, what are you reading this month? Link up over at 5 Minutes for Books. And what reading goals do you have for the fall? Join Katrina's challenge and let us know! And if you have any really really good books you'd like to recommend, by all means pass them on here in the comments!