- OCTOBER: Same Kind of Different As Me: A Modern-Day Slave, an International Art Dealer, and the Unlikely Woman Who Bound Them Together by Ron Hall and Denver Moore (Memoir)
- NOVEMBER: Radical Womanhood: Feminine Faith in a Feminist World by Carolyn McCulley (Non-fiction)
- JANUARY: Peace Like a River by Leif Enger (Fiction)
- FEBRUARY: Because He Loves Me: How Christ Transforms Our Daily Life by Elyse Fitzpatrick (Non-fiction)
- MARCH: Through Gates of Splendor by Elizabeth Elliot (Biography)
- APRIL: Discipline: The Glad Surrender by Elizabeth Elliot (Non-fiction)
- MAY: Persuasion by Jane Austen (Classic)
Like I said, it's quite an eclectic list. I'm really excited about it and am already looking forward to next summer with the plan of reading mostly fiction. If you have any recommendations in that regard, let me know!
Have you ever done a book club? What sorts of books did you read? Have you read any of the books on our list? Or maybe you'd like to read along with us! We'd love to hear what you think about these books as we make our way through the list.
And, for those of you who are local, we plan to meet next Thursday night (the 28th) to discuss Same Kind of Different As Me. If you're interested in joining us, shoot me an email and I'll be glad to get you all the details!