Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day

The experts predicted a big snow and I have to admit I was somewhat skeptical. I mean, I've heard 100% chances of snow forecasted that all came to naught. Having been burned in the past, I did not even make the requisite panic-provoked purchases of milk and bread. This time, however, the experts proved correct and we awoke to a winter wonderland some six inches deep (a rarity here in Alabama, to say the least). Beautiful! Here's a few snapshots of our snow fun!

Once the snow began last night, it came down fast and furious...


Darcy the puppy loved the snow!


Boys + snow = epic snowball fight






Of course, Darcy had to get in on the fun!


Pausing mid battle for a group shot...


No snowball fights for me...


The battle moves to the drive way in order to take shelter behind the vehicles...



My husband and me


You may notice the Auburn flag; yes, my guys are huge (HUGE!) Auburn fans eagerly anticipating the BIG game tonight! What a day! Snow, no school today (nor tomorrow) and a national championship game!

9 comments:

  1. Love days like that! No doubt a snow day and that much anticipated game most certainly equate to perfection ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a lot of fun! Your puppy is a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun for your guys and puppy :o)
    Love the photos! hmmm Auburn eh? I'll pretend like I'm not cheering for the quacks, I mean Ducks! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Looks like a lovely snowfall! We got 8ish inches up here in Nebraska--but no way was anyone making snowballs from our stuff. It's uber-cold, powdery and BLOWING everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowee! I can't believe you Southerners are getting so much snow and all we're getting is frost! It seems....wild and unbelievable. And it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish we had gotten a little more snow-- it was mostly ice for us. Your puppy is growing!! That was a good game last night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish they'd call a snow day around here! Hubby and son and even the girl for awhile all shoveled for hours on the weekend and our driveway is still not totally cleared of the snowfall and blowing snow from the weekend. It takes an absolute white out for them to call a snow day here.

    The pup is so cute! Looks like he's having a great time with the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I only got two of my guys outside so far. We have tomorrow too though so I'm shoving them out the door. I'm pretty much over the snow days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun for your guys and puppy :o)
    Love the photos! hmmm Auburn eh? I'll pretend like I'm not cheering for the quacks, I mean Ducks! LOL...

    ReplyDelete