Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thankfulness on Thursday, Snow Edition

Joining other bloggers who devote their Thursday posts to express gratitude for various and sundry blessings throughout the week...

So, this week I am thankful for...

  • Snow. Rare and beautiful in this part of the world!
  • The rarity of snow in this part of the world. I like it as a novelty and not as the norm!
  • My rain boots that keep my feet warm and dry when I venture out in the snow.
  • My new winter coat that I ordered at a post Christmas sale price and delivered just in time for the snow.
  • The snow occurring in close enough proximity to Christmas so that the novelty of the boys' new video games hasn't yet worn off, thereby limiting complaints of boredom. 
  • The brilliant white of the snow reminding me of the glorious news that though my sins be as scarlet because of Jesus they are white as snow!
And, unrelated to the snow news except for the fact that during snow days I brew lots of coffee, even more than usual, I am also thankful for...
  • The arrival of my replacement coffee pot from the manufacturer. 

What are you thankful for today? Let us give thanks to the Lord for He is good; His mercy endures forever!

3 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for you!

    And snow...I love snow. Don't see enough of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo for snow! (And for all the amazing items/technologies that keep it from hampering our lives too much!)

    I love reading other people's thankful lists--they remind me to be thankful for things I haven't thought of yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful for you!

    And snow...I love snow. Don't see enough of it.

    ReplyDelete