Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday's Fave Five



Joining the gang at Susanne's and posting my five favorites of the week:

1. A visit from my sister and her two children last weekend. Our visits are too few and much too far between. My husband and I (and the boys too) had fun trying to spoil her kids just a little. I wish we lived closer!

2. An evening of great food, great coffee and great conversation at the home of new friends last Saturday night. I love being around friends who love to bless others with their hospitality! I also love the bond that exists between believers because of Jesus. How good He is to us!

3. Sunday morning worship at my church. Hearing one couple's testimony of God's grace in their lives and then welcoming them as new members. Partaking of the Lord's supper with my sisters and brothers and fellow church members. Being convicted by the preaching of God's Word. A good morning, indeed.

4. The beautiful snowfall this week. It was the fourth such occurrence this season and still I think it beautiful, particularly when it doesn't interfere with school and other obligations.

5. My fifth and final favorite of the week has yet to occur but I'm looking forward to it so much that it most definitely deserves a spot on the favorite list: I am finally getting the long overdue cut and color. Yes, call me frivolous, but I'm talking about my hair. Not only am I looking shaggy but I also remotely resemble a skunk what with all the gray! So, yeah, I'm headed to the beauty shop and I'm excited. And yes, I suppose I am just that shallow! :)

What about you? What are your favorites of the week? Let us know in the comments or link up over at Living to Tell the Story!

9 comments:

  1. I feel the same about worshipping with my church family. What a blessing! I love when you share about your joy with yours.

    Snow is beautiful. I'll leave it at that. ;-)

    Not shallow to be excited about a new hairdo, I don't think, anyway. If so, I'm shallow too, I guess - going in just a few minutes to get mine cut finally. And excited about it also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =D Getting the hair done is not frivolous. I bet your husband doens't think so! =D

    What to comment on the rest of your list?! It all sounds GREAT! Fellowship with your sister, friends, good worship.... sounds like a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not at all frivolous! I should have mentioned in my Fave Five that I got some new color this week and it has improved my outlook! Not a bad thing at all:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Shallow indeed!? I beg to differ. Do enjoy that wonderful pampering. Looks like you had a great week with people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not frivolous to get your hair done - just think of it as "temple upkeep." It always makes me feel better to get my hair fixed.

    I'm so glad you love your church family! I think it's God's plan for each of His children to have a home church.

    Visits with family and new friends are always special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bond between believers is an awesome one, isn't it? I know what you mean about wishing family were closer. I do miss mine.

    Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I like Jerralea's point of view-- temple upkeep!
    How fortunate you are to have your family close enough for even occasional visits! How sweet of your boys to spoil their cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Family, friends, worship, beauty in nature and in hair! Gotta love it all. :v)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your hair came out nicely. It sounds like wonderful week. Thank God for family, friends, and worship. Snow.. I've had my fill of it here in NY, but I do love when other people actually enjoy it - and it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete