Thursday, February 10, 2011

Status Report, February

Sitting...at the kitchen table.

Drinking...coffee, black, and eating a pop tart. Yes, indeed, the breakfast of champions.

Marveling...at yet another snowfall. Yes, snow! In Alabama! For what, the third time this season? Fourth? Amazing! And gorgeous. This snow has covered all the tree limbs and it is so beautiful.

Canceling...Bible study this morning. Bummer. Some of the moms in the group have children in a neighboring school system which delayed their start time this morning due to the snow. So we had to comply as well. Though I was woefully behind in my preparation due to a day spent on the sofa with the beginning stages of this sinus junk, I am disappointed that our discussion of Psalm 16 will be delayed a week.

Blowing...my nose every two minutes as I type. How's that for a visual? Being sick is the pits.

Praising...the Lord for His countless mercies and abundant blessings. His living Word and the privilege to study it with a group of godly, passionate women. My church and the joy of welcoming new members to serve alongside us. My husband. My boys. Our home. Our families. The beauty of the snow. Friends I know face to face and friends I know via the internet. And on and on and on it goes. Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside! Grace, grace, God's grace!

Reading...hardly anything at all. For real. I have only a few pages left in Holiness by J.C. Ryle and cannot seem to find the time to finish it up. Maybe today since I have a snow day in lieu of Bible study! I recently finished Peace Like a River by Leif Enger for our book club and loved it all over again. Once (if) I finish Holiness, I will read Because He Loves Me by Elyse Fitzpatrick for our February book club. I'm looking forward to it.

Humbled...by all your sweet comments on yesterday's post. Thank you for encouraging me!

Thinking...through a couple of posts caught in my draft pile. Another one on blogging and one on motivations and goals of Bible study, both of which take far more brain power to write and edit than, say, the humble status report, which is why you're reading this instead of one of those! :)

Planning...my day of cleaning, laundry (always and forever), and errands. Wanting instead to climb in bed and watch Masterpiece Theater. Or something.

Finishing...this post so I can begin my day of cleaning, laundry (always and forever), and errands. Perhaps I can squeeze in a few more pages of Holiness as well!

Pouring...another cup of coffee.

Happy Thursday, friends!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thursday to you, too. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow again? Katie's fiance in North Carolina said the Marines have the day off because of snow, too.
    What a wild winter this has been. Hope you are all better soon. Katie's flu/cold finished up in her sinuses. She's finally getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Thursday...always a good day for a second cup of coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Thursday...always a good day for a second cup of coffee :)

    ReplyDelete