Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday's Fave Five


My five favorite things of this past week...

1. Our book club meeting last Monday night. I know, I know, this favorite rightly belongs to last week and not this week but since I didn't post a list of favorites last Friday and it is well deserving of a favorite status, I am including it this week. I love open and honest discussion among friends who earnestly desire the glory of God in all things. I also love books like Elyse Fitzpatrick's Because He Loves Me that are clearly gospel-centered and Christ-glorifying. Elyse tells it to us straight and I like that.

2. Slipcovers. Yes, I have cream colored sofas and a puppy, not to mention four sons, so I am glad that I can have clean sofas with the ease of washing a couple loads of laundry.

3. Studying God's Word with a group of serious minded Bible students who love the Savior with a single minded passion. Who am I to lead? Oh, but I am so glad for the privilege. Those women sharpen me as iron sharpens iron.

4. My circle of "internet friends," as I call them. It is amazing to me, as I think on it, how the Lord has been so gracious to use blogging to bring about the kind of friendships I enjoy with women from around the world. I love that I have girlfriends as close as the nearest email that I can consult on things pertaining to motherhood, vacations, theology, books, and what have you. We share a true kinship, my internet friends and I, and I am so thankful for how they encourage me in pursuing the glory of God in all things.

5. It's Friday. It's been a busy and tiring week due both to our schedule and in some part to my own procrastination. I'm glad it's Friday. And it's a sunny Friday, albeit a little chilly. IAnd, looking ahead to next week's favorites, I'm glad next week is Spring Break!

8 comments:

  1. Very wise decision to have slip covers! Sounds like a good week and I, too, am glad it's Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our spring break was this week -- a little early, but I'll take it!

    Club meeting, Bible study, Internet friends -- it has been a great week for friends! I've not read anything by Elyse except a quote or two, but I have heard great things about her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a chair that needs a slipcover! =)

    And yes, hurray for internet friends!

    It's been a looong time since I've been a part of a book club. Hmm. Maybe in the fall I can find enough people around here to start one. They are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slipcovers are mother's friend, for sure. I love a good Bible Study, a good book shared with friends, and I'd be lost without my internet friends. I'm glad it was a good week. Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list of faves....i feel the same way about my internet friends altho of course i much prefer spending time with my friends face to face..but i'm finding the friends I've met thru blogging just seem so authentic too and sometimes it's like they are right here next to me enjoying a cup of java! I love love love me a good Bible study....and slipcovers is a good idea...maybe I should get some for my family room before the post prom party!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good week. I enjoyed your list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know you had four sons -- I do, too! I know what you mean about internet friends and women you can really plumb the scriptures with, too. Such a blessing.

    Have a great week ahead -- enjoy your break (it's our spring break, too)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I need to get me some slipcovers!

    I too love the internet friendships I've formed over the years. They are a blessing.

    My ladies bible study group is great too.

    ReplyDelete