Friday, March 25, 2011

On breaking the silence

Two weeks of silence here at the blog and I have to wonder if anyone noticed because, well, I sure didn't. In my defense, last week was Spring Break making this week Spring Break Recovery. No, there was no exciting Spring Break-ish trip to draw my attention away from the blog; rather I spent my off week (as it were) cleaning out cabinets and closets and other equally exciting tasks. That, plus the adjustment to the time change, made for a full week. My husband and I did get away for an afternoon and enjoyed a fabulous lunch at P.F. Chang's followed by the fabulous movie The King's Speech.

It was just the kind of week I needed and I enjoyed. Very much. Being at home, taking care of homey sorts of tasks, slow moving mornings, gorgeous weather, open windows, grilling hamburgers, walks with the dog, my boys playing two-on-two in the driveway, March Madness, corned beef and cabbage with friends, lunch and movie with my husband: it's all good. All blogworthy, to be sure, but sometimes the living precludes the blogging, just as it should.

I have to be honest, an unplanned (and unnoticed) two week blog hiatus makes me wonder about my blogging future. Especially when I break the silence here on the blog by posting a non-post sort of post like this one. I mean, really, I am tempted to delete all that I've written thus far because surely no post is better than a non-post sort of post! And if you only knew how I've struggled just to crank out these three non-paragraphs composing this non-post sort of post...

But, I don't think I'll delete and I don't think I'll pull the plug on the blog as of yet. It is a hobby that I love and I am glad for the freedom to pick it up and lay it down as the whim strikes. In fact, for you curious and eager readers (anyone? anyone?), I will be finishing up the On Bible study series as well as posting a book review in the very near future. So, yeah, the blog, such as it is, lives to see another day (or two)...

Until then, happy Friday, friends!

10 comments:

  1. YAY! Please don't delete your blog or quit blogging. I love your blog, even non-post posts. I enjoy coming here and I feel a kinship with the things you read and authors you like.
    shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look so forward to your blogs. Makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw that you had posted, it made me smile. Please don't stop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I noticed. And I'm happy to read a non-post sort of post. I'm glad you've had such a great couple of weeks with your family and home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't The King's Speech awesome?! We loved it. I also keep hearing about PF Changs but I'm not sure what it is. Apparently, from what I hear, it is well liked!

    In the meantime, I wouldn't worry about blogging or not blogging on a consistent basis. That's what Google Reader is for! =) We're here when you are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't stop. Don't stop! I would miss you terribly. Just post when you can and we will all be happy to see you.

    I loved The King's Speech. Loved it! But I was bummed that it was rated R for one string of profane words that mostly had to do with his therapy. I think I'm still going to let my kids see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with all the rest! Please don't stop, post when you want, no pressure. I, too, get happy when I see a new post. Although I have never met you in person, I feel like I know you and your family. I enjoy and look forward to your book reviews. I even enjoy your non-post sort of posts. You bring me encouragement. You spur me on to good works. Take the time you need and when you have time to blog as Carrie said, we'll be here. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This made me laugh Lisa. We should do a poll of how many bloggers have wanted to delete their blogs? I do on a regular basis! haha!

    PF Chang's yum - a favorite and so was the King's Speech. We call that a "hot date" at our age!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Echoing everyone else who said "Don't pull the plug!"

    So glad you had a nice break.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't stop. Don't stop! I would miss you terribly. Just post when you can and we will all be happy to see you.

    I loved The King's Speech. Loved it! But I was bummed that it was rated R for one string of profane words that mostly had to do with his therapy. I think I'm still going to let my kids see it.

    ReplyDelete