Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Status Report, March

Sitting...at my dining room table.

Drinking...coffee, black.

Dreading...resuming cleaning out the garage today.

Realizing...cleaning out the garage is a messier, more complicated, and less rewarding task than originally thought.

Cleaning...out the garage only because we awoke to half the contents of our hot water heater forming a giant puddle over most of the garage floor. Hello, shop vac. Good bye, procrastination.

Staying...home this morning with my number three son who was sick last night. I think his sickness was short lived (as his generally are) but better safe than sorry, I suppose.

Loving...our book club meetings and the honesty that has marked our discussions. Authenticity between friends is so encouraging, whether we're talking about fiction that we liked (or didn't) or wrestling the more difficult subjects of justification and faith. I love my church friends and sisters in the Lord!

Preparing...for Bible study in the morning. We studied Psalm 33 this week and I'm looking forward to talking about the sovereignty of God and the call to worship Him in joy and awe. I love the concluding verses that remind me to wait for the Lord, that He is my help and my shield. My heart is glad in Him because I trust in His holy name! Yes, Lord, let Your steadfast love be upon us even as we hope in You!

Enjoying...my bread machine. I made some rosemary bread last week and it was so good! I'm making soup for supper tonight and think I may attempt the french bread feature.

Welcoming...the hints of spring: the warmer weather, the blooming daffodils. Yes, I still like winter and while I wouldn't admit to preferring flip flops to boots (yet), I am definitely liking the sunshine!

Procrastinating...no longer. I'm heading out to haul the trash from yesterday's partial garage clean out to the side of the road, even as I remind myself I can do all things for the glory of God, it is the Lord Jesus I serve!

Happy March, friends!

6 comments:

  1. I'm home with my #2 son who is sick today, too. Stomach sickness, and I'm a sympathetic queasiness person, so not fun.

    Ugh about the garage.

    Rejoicing with you about the friends and discussion. I'd like to try to start up something like that here.

    Spring! I was excited to see the bulbs begin sprouting the other day.

    Happy March to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to some good signs of Spring. Hope that garage gets tackled. Fresh bread sounds real good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be tackling our garage this weekend. I don't even want to think about it.

    Hope everyone else at home stays well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hints of Spring? Honey, when anything green starts poking its nose out of the ground, IT'S SPRING around here. I am so jealous that you already have daffodils.

    On another note . . . I'm going to that seminar I told you about this weekend. Kathleen Neilson is one of the speakers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love bread from the bread machine. It is better than cake to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hints of Spring? Honey, when anything green starts poking its nose out of the ground, IT'S SPRING around here. I am so jealous that you already have daffodils.

    On another note . . . I'm going to that seminar I told you about this weekend. Kathleen Neilson is one of the speakers. :)

    ReplyDelete