Friday, June 17, 2011
Friday's Fave Five
It's Friday, which means it's time once again to link up our five favorites of the week at Susanne's blog Living to Tell the Story. Some of my favorites of the week include:
1. The regional soccer tournament last weekend that I posted about yesterday. We didn't win but we sure competed!
2. My husband had a business trip to Nashville and our two younger sons and I tagged along. We stayed at the Opryland Hotel which is huge. And amazing. And gorgeous. Here's the view from the balcony of our room. We had an interior view, mind you, so all that you see is inside the hotel. Incredible!
3. As part of our trip we took a spin on the General Jackson showboat for supper and a show. The supper was okay but the show was fantastic! It was a retrospective of sorts, featuring (you guessed it) country music through the years. I grew up on country music and was an avid fan in my college/newlywed years so it was great fun and the performances were really good.
4. I won a $50 cash doorprize the last morning of my husband's conference so we stopped at the mall on the way out of town and I purchased a new charm for my charm bracelet. Fun!
5. It's fun to go, to soccer tournaments and to beautiful hotels alike, but I'm a homebody at heart. In fact, I'd rather be home than almost anywhere and I think sometimes my husband must feel as if he has to pry me the out the door with a crowbar! That being said, the best part of going is coming home. I love to come back home!
What were your favorites of the week? Link up your Friday Fave Five over at Susanne's!