Friday, July 08, 2011
Friday's Fave Five
Here's a few of my favorites from this past week:
1. Our church picnic. I know that you know this, but I love my church family. Despite the sweltering temps, we had a great time just hanging out, eating ice cream and other good food, and enjoying the fellowship the Lord has so graciously granted to us.
2. Independence Day. My grandmother was a true patriot and it seemed I would rarely see her without her small flag pin which she wore proudly from the time her husband shipped out to serve his country in WWII. Her pin is her legacy to me; my mother gifted it to me a few years ago and I wore it to church Sunday with pride and remembrance. Someone asked me not too long ago how I reconcile the seeming dichotomy between my theology and the American Revolution. I didn't tell her, but I actually have never considered it. It is what it is, perhaps that's the simple-minded woman's response, but no matter: I love my country and I am thankful for my freedom and for those like my grandfather and grandmother who served and sacrificed.
3. Our family pastor and his wife welcomed the arrival of their first baby, a girl, last night. How exciting! I am now nostalgic as I consider our birth stories, four times over, and the life altering, heart filling, overwhelming love and gratitude that accompanied each.
4. I'm not one to blog on makeup and the like, but I have to tell you how much I really like the Cover Girl NatureLuxe lip gloss. I have Clove (I think) and I wear it with almost everything, when I'm wearing makeup that is. :)
5. Did you know my husband and I will be celebrating 20 years of marriage next week? Yes, indeed. He is a good man and so good to me, working hard to provide for me and the boys as well as spoiling me rotten. Nearly 20 years with him is a favorite to be sure, no matter the week, as is his care and love for me and his pleasure in giving me good things, gifts undeserved for certain!
See other favorites of the week at Susanne's!