Friday, September 02, 2011

Pinterest made me do it

So I've been dabbling a little here and there, browsing the beautiful images and fantastic ideas posted on Pinterest and in the process I became intrigued by pictures like the following:




Don't you love the black doors...on the inside? So I googled "painting interior doors black" and discovered all sorts of gorgeous images:



So...can you see where this is going? You guessed it: I threw caution to the wind, pulled down the can of black paint the painters used on our shutters when we had the exterior of our house painted a month or so ago and after a quick sanding, I painted all my interior doors downstairs.

Here's some before shots --oh, and please excuse the poor photo quality since I took these with my phone and they really are terrible...

The breakfast area:




The hallway looking toward the front door:


The family room:




And here's the after shots...






Yes, I painted two sets of French doors, a feat I hope never to replicate! If ever I get tired of the black, I'm thinking I'll just have to buy new doors...

So, what do you think of black interior doors? Yay...or nay? Hit...or miss?

10 comments:

  1. Melissa @ Breath of LifeSeptember 02, 2011 10:51 AM

    I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Lis! I am SO impressed! It reminds me of one of my favorite decor' catalogs; Sturbridge Yankee. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the black doors! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These lamps would look nice :) http://www.sturbridgeyankee.com/pop_alternate_view.asp?t=l&pif=41917

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. #1 - They're beautiful. #2 - I'm really impressed you just did them. #3 - My husband would have a stroke if he came home and I had done something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Gorgeous! They really take it from plain to pizazz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A total YAY. And I'm kinda miffed at you for talking about Pininterest as well. Seriously? I've been trying to avoid it because I'm afraid it will make me DO something. Something like this. And I'll blame YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look Amazing! Like from a magazine. I love it.

    ReplyDelete