Thursday, September 01, 2011

Status Report, September

Reviving...the blog, at least long enough for the humble status report.

Sitting...out on the back porch. It's 8:00 in the morning, the fan is circulating, and, still, it is hot. Please, fall, come soon!

Drinking...coffee, black.

Surveying...the damage Darcy the puppy wrought on the screen door. She busted through yesterday while I was away from home. Bad puppy!

Impressed...by Blogger's new interface. Have you seen it? A nice, clean look. I like it.

Unplugging...from most social media for the past few days. I haven't been on twitter in nearly a week! Have I missed anything? Somehow I think not.

Wondering...what the average life span of a blog is? As I look to the five year mark of this blog's existence and find myself uncertain as to its future, I'm curious to know if five years is a long or short time by blog reckoning.

Celebrating...my number 2 son's sixteenth birthday next weekend. Can you believe it? Did you know it's my husband's birthday as well? What a wonderful gift our son is to us! We are so proud of him and we look forward to marking this milestone birthday with friends and family.

Also celebrating...my birthday on Sunday. 43! Wow. It sounds old but I don't feel old. Though this is a strange stage of life I'm in, I think I like the 40's better than the 20's. Anyone else?

Deliberating...about teaching Bible study this fall and what (if) to teach. I am thinking through issues like our purpose and what we hope to accomplish and whether it is profitable or merely redundant. Don't misunderstand: I know that Bible study is important! Critical! Necessary! Good! If you've read this blog for any length of time you know of my passion for the study of God's Word. I am thinking in  terms of my specific group. There is so much good teaching at my church (SO. MUCH. GOOD.)--we are incredibly blessed. Contemplating my class's place is a good thing, I think, and so is being open to new avenues the Lord may have for us in terms of ministering to women. An accountability group, perhaps? Who knows how the Lord will lead? We seek Him!

Planning...to clean out the pantry today. Ugh. Other (not so) fun items on today's to-do list: cleaning up my boo-boos from a recent painting project, tackling the ever present laundry, as well as giving the porch a good cleaning. My to-do lists are usually pretty ambitious so we'll see how much actually gets done.

Happy September, friends!

6 comments:

  1. Melissa @ Breath of LifeSeptember 01, 2011 9:20 AM

    I'm sure you didn't miss a thing by not Twittering. I had a forced social media break courtesy of Irene, and it was actually very nice.

    But I would miss your blog tremendously if you don't keep it revived.

    I just started studying Ruth using Iain Duguid's commentary (Esther & Ruth) and Kelly Minter's Ruth study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think 5 years is a long time to do anything. But to measure the time by internet reckoning? If time on the internet is at least 3 times faster than actual time, then I'd say you've been blogging for about 15 years. : )

    Glad you're doing well! I hope you won't totally remove yourself from social media; I've missed your online presence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just checked out Blogger's new interface. Very nice. Thanks for the heads-up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. popping into to give a 'hello'! As always, I do read you regularly and look for tidbits of more hope in Jesus as parent my 3 boys....a life stage behind you. AND...I'm pregnant with our fourth, a boy!! Had to share. Blessings on you and your family as September rolls in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've missed your online presence, also. I'm with you on pondering the lifespan of my own blog and uncertain as to its future as well. Not quite ready to give it up, though.

    Happy birthday Sunday! I'm liking some parts of the 40's much better than the 20's, some parts not so much.

    Happy September....fall is coming..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure about the blog time line. If it makes you happy then keep it up...Wait until you're in your 60s and don't recognize the face in the mirror. Somehow it just doesn't reflect how I feel.....I need to do my pantry and all of my bathroom cabinets but I'm thinking it will wait until winter.
    Blessings,
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete