Saturday, October 29, 2011

A confession and a recipe

I suppose it was bound to happen: I completely and totally forgot about posting yesterday. The 21 day experiment did not cross my mind even once!

In an attempt to redeem myself--or not--I thought I would share the recipe for the fabulous cheese ring I mentioned in Thursday's post. And, it really is fabulous and I'm not even boasting. It's the truth. Of course, as with most of my recipes, I cannot claim credit. This recipe comes from my friend Linda whose cheese ring has long been the staple of bridal teas, baby showers and other similar events. I am honored to share this recipe in her honor and with thanks for all the cheese ring goodness she has sent my way! :)

LINDA'S CHEESE RING

16 oz grated cheddar cheese, extra sharp
16 oz grated cheddar cheese, medium
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp red cayenne pepper
1 small grated onion
1 cup chopped pecans
Strawberry preserves

Mix and knead together the cheese, mayo, pepper and onion. Line a bunt cake pan with foil; press the cheese mixture into the pan and refrigerate overnight. Before serving cover with chopped pecans and fill the inside of the ring with the strawberry preserves. Serve with butter flavored crackers.

Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you my dear and thanks to your friend Linda! I'll let you know when I try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky Daily On My Way to HeaveOctober 29, 2011 9:32 PM

    Guess what? It is in the fridge! :)

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I think I could tuck into this pretty happily. Thanks, Lisa and Linda!

    ReplyDelete