Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thankfulness on Thursday


Today I am joining other bloggers in expressing gratitude on Thursdays for that week's blessings.

This week I give thanks to the Lord for the following, among a multitude of other undeserved graces and mercies...

  • The fall-ish weather in which I can wear boots four out of the last five days without looking ridiculous.

  • The fall-ish weather in which we have been able to have our windows open throughout the day.

  • Fall in general. I love October and November and, yes, even December and January. This is my favorite time of year!

  • The privilege of hearing God's Word preached with power and authority and the faithfulness of the Holy Spirit to bring conviction and encouragement through the preaching of the living Word.

  • My girlfriends and sisters in Christ at my church and the fellowship and community we enjoyed Tuesday night over bowls of soup and slices of strawberry cake. I love laughing together and praying together and finding encouragement together in God's Word.

  • Sharing lunch with my fellow counselor at the pregnancy center.

  • The opportunity to share the hope of the gospel with a client at the center and the confidence that when I offer her the good news that Jesus saves, I am offering to her the best and highest hope. 

  • My husband who loves me so much, still, and takes care of me and insures I have the newest version of iTunes so that I may be able to download the latest iPhone software. Technology is his love language and I am so thankful!

  • After two busy, hectic days of errands and the like, a day at home to take care of the home-y sorts of privileges and responsibilities. Laundry, for example. Cleaning the bathrooms, perhaps. Walking the dog. A true hermit homebody at heart, I love home!
  • Fellow bloggers who are joining me in this blogging experiment. 

What are you thankful for this week?


I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart; 
 I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. 
I will be glad and exult in you; 
 I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
~ Psalm 9:1-2

4 comments:

  1. I've been thoroughly enjoying our fall weather here too! It was so nice to spend the whole day canning applesauce yesterday. It just seemed like the perfect "fall day" activity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful thankful list! Have a great day Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankful that I dropped by. Thankful that my mom is out of surgery and in recovery right this moment and will be home soon with her new breasts afters hers were taken away from cancer last Spring.. thankful that I love and serve an amazing God...
    I've Become My Mother
    I've Become My Mother facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also LOVE fall! But I love the word "Autumn." Here in Florida, we don't see the colors change but we feel the crispness in the air. Nothing like a Friday night football game in October. Or morning coffee wrapped in my Old Navy fleece jacket. Like wearing a hug. Loving the (ankle) boot weather too.

    ReplyDelete