Friday, January 06, 2012

Friday's Fave Five


It's Friday, which means Susanne is hosting her weekly Friday's Fave Five carnival! Here are five of my favorite things from the past week...

1. Catching up with old friends. We were in Atlanta for the weekend (see #3 below) and enjoyed reconnecting with friends of my husband's from high school, good friends that he also went off to college with and that were part of our wedding party more than two decades ago. A sign of true friendship is the ability to pick back up with great conversation and easy camaraderie.


2. The Varsity, our chosen venue for our meet-and-greet. Chili burger and onion rings--yum!

3. The Chick Fil A bowl. My guys are big Auburn fans, as you know, and "Santa" brought us all tickets to their bowl game, including a ticket for my son's girlfriend. We didn't have the best seats (upper deck, emphasis on upper) but we had all had a great time. 




4. A new year. I know there's nothing magical about January 1 as opposed to December 31 but I like celebrating a new year because it reminds me of the truth that the Lord makes all things new and that for those of us in Christ the old has gone and the new has come, glory to His name! New beginnings and fresh starts aren't unique to the first date on our calendar; rather the Bible asserts that the Lord's mercies are new every morning, a promise that is increasingly precious to me as I consider all the uncertainties and changes 2012 may hold. He has strength for the day, new mercies each morning, and His unfailing love will never cease. What grace!

5. A new cut and color. It is, as I tweeted upon arriving home from the beauty shop today, one of life's happy frivolities. I know it's silly and temporal (so very temporal that I have to make the appointment every six or eight weeks!) but still a favorite.

What are some of your favorites this week? You can link up at Susanne's as well as check out others' favorites.

Happy Friday, friends!

7 comments:

  1. Getting together with old friends is the best!

    I love getting a new cut and color, too. Makes me feel like a new woman! Unfortunately, I need to be a new woman every 4 weeks now ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your thoughts on the New Year! I've read a lot of people kind of down on the idea of Jan 1 being any different from Dec. 31 -- but it is!

    I love that with old friends, the ability to pick up right where we left off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reconnecting with old friends! yay!! and I'm a every 6 weeks for a color gal too! Have a happy restful weekend, lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #5 is cracking me up...so very temporal indeed. I'm due very soon.
    That's so great you got to go to that bowl game even if the tickets were in the nose bleed section. I so want a hamburger and onion rings now...oye!
    Happy weekend to you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love #4! One of my favorite scriptures and one I definitely cling to on a regular basis!

    Your time with your family and friends in Atlanta looks like it was really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even if it's temporal, the cut and color is a great 'pick me up' for beginning the new year. And it sounds like you had a great time at the game. Fun fffs this week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great time on your trip! And Amen for the start of a new year!

    ReplyDelete