Thursday, January 05, 2012

Thankfulness on Thursday

Today I am thankful for...

A long twitter direct message conversation with a friend last night in which we discussed everything from feeling dull to parenting to being granny bloggers (one day way, way in the future!)

A long phone conversation today with a friend in which we discussed everything from potato soup to Bible study to spiritual dullness to the disorganized state of our respective homes

A joyous text today from a friend sharing a long awaited answer to much prayer

A text conversation today with a friend confessing our respective funks and our mutual desire for more authentic accountability.

A big scare that really was only that, a scare, and a brief one at that, nothing more, though it was really scary at the time!

The assurance that no matter how scary the scare the Lord is faithful in even the scariest of scares as well as in the most joyous of joys!

Lunch with my son

Sunshine

New contacts that will finally, hopefully help me see better!

My loving, hardworking husband

Spontaneous hugs from my children

Tomorrow being Friday which will mean the end of our first week back to school, yes and amen!

What are you thankful for today?

7 comments:

  1. Sarah@Life in the ParsonageJanuary 05, 2012 4:03 PM

    Now THAT is a list of good things! Today in Iowa it's almost 60 degrees, and normally is well below zero this time of year...what a gift today is, so thankful for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those scares. It's great we have a faithful God. I'm thankful for a nice conversation with my married daughter. Thankful to find a less expensive venue for the rehearsal dinner for the wedding celebration coming up in March. Thankful I get to take a quick business trip with Dear to San Diego at the end of the month. Maybe I'll be bathed in that sunshine you are enjoying...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Understand the funk and the house in a "disorganized state! Thankful for everyone being well and heading to school this morning...they need a break from each other and I need a break from them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mocha with LindaJanuary 05, 2012 7:21 PM

    A blog friend who writes great Thankful on Thursday posts! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joining you in thankfulness for the Lord's faithfulness, no matter what.
    We had sunshine today, too. So enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to have so many friends--and so many different ways to connect with them. I'm thankful for a rather awkward phone call with my brother this afternoon (neither of us are really phone people) and that he's securing me some tickets for his Community Theatre debut in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thankful to have friends who pray for me, and that I can share when those prayers have been answered!

    ReplyDelete