Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thankfulness on Thursday

Today I am thankful for...

A clean half house. The upstairs is trashed but the downstairs is looking pretty good, thanks to a day of cleaning. I like it when the house is clean; I haven't an obsessive bone in my body, not when it comes to cleaning, so such an environment is a nice treat.

Meeting tonight with the ladies from my church for an evening of food and fellowship. I love getting together with my friends and sisters in Christ! I'm hosting, hence the clean half house mentioned above. :)

The example of Moses' life of faith as described in Hebrews 11. How I want his testimony to be mine as well: "He considered the reproach of Christ greater wealth than the treasures of Egypt, for he was looking to the reward." (verse 26) May I have eyes to see the rich reward of following Christ and may my life of faith reflect Him as more precious than anything the world offers!

This post by my blog friend Elle reflecting on these verses. I hope she doesn't mind but I'm using some of her points in the devotion I'm leading tonight.

Hot showers on cold, gray and dreary days.

Coffee on cold, gray and dreary mornings when it is very difficult to pry myself out of the bed. Well, for that matter, I'm thankful for coffee at any day, any weather, but most particularly on the cold, gray and dreary.

David Crowder Band's newest album, their last. I've had it playing all day as I cleaned and I like it. A lot.

What are you thankful for today?


I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart; 
 I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. 
I will be glad and exult in you; 
 I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
~ Psalm 9:1-2



1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful that I can be encouraged by the testimonies of other sisters in Christ who I've never met in person. It's a blessing Lisa.
    diane

    ReplyDelete