Saturday, May 05, 2012

Liked and Linked

A Small Beginning
I am indebted to that couple, wherever they are. It was nothing more than a kind hello and a friendly smile, but it helped turn me to a different path...

Commenting and Christian Conduct
This is one of the great temptations that the internet presents to us. Because we’re looking at (usually) text on a screen, it’s easy to forget that there’s a person behind it. And when what we read becomes mere information, it becomes easy to fire off critical statements that you’d never imagine saying to a person sitting across the table...

A mother's call to worship
The baby’s cries remind me of my soul’s desperate estate. I cast myself on the only one who can help me. “Incline your ear, O Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy” (Psalm 86:1)...

The Blessings of Discipleship
Christian woman, if you are well taught and understand the things of God you are to invest yourself in the life of another woman...

15 Tips on Blogging from John Newton
Blog to offer both converting and comforting grace to your reader. 
"Oh, that my heart may take fire as I write! Surely I am in my better judgment persuaded, that life is not worth a desire, but as affording opportunity to spread the savor of his name, to set him forth in my ministry, for the comfort of his people and the salvation of poor sinners" (6:153–154)...

My Dinged and Dinted Body
I need lots of grace to embrace my dinged and dinted body, to see it as something beautiful instead of something to be fixed or injected or lasered or peeled. It's God' s grace that reminds me I have crow's feet because I've known much laughter in my life and that I have a worn body because I've known the joy of carrying 13 babies in my womb...

2 comments: