Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

In case the week of recycled posts didn't clue you in, we were on vacation last week. We spent a week in sunny San Diego and had a fabulous time. Southern California is beautiful and the weather very nearly perfect. Here's a quick summary of some of the fun we enjoyed...

We went to Coronado Island and saw the sites. Here's the boys with Point Loma in the background.


We walked on the beach at Coronado.


The Hotel del Coronado is gorgeous.


We toured the aircraft carrier the Midway. It was first deployed in the 40's and therefore not built for 6'4" frames. :)


On the flight deck of the Midway. It is huge!




We ate breakfast one morning at Hash House. Check out the size of that pancake to the right!


We went to the world famous San Diego zoo and saw giraffes and pandas and gorillas and polar bears and baby jaguars and tigers and...








We went to the beach. The boys played a mean game of frisbee.



And braved the bitterly cold water...


I sat in the sand.

We went to Sea World and saw Shamu and beluga whales and a fun water show based on Cirque du Soleil.




We saw the sun set over the Pacific Ocean. Indescribably stunning.



Other fun included a trip to the Knotts Berry Farm amusement park, swimming in the hotel pool and taking in a movie.

We also went out to Point Loma but unfortunately forgot our camera. I took some shots with my phone but other than emailing them to myself I'm not sure how to easily get them from my phone to my laptop. Suffice it to say that Point Loma is beautiful (can you sense a theme? Southern California is gorgeous!). Maybe I will figure out how to include those pics in a future post. There was no beach but rocks and waves and an old lighthouse from the 1800's. We could see Mexico off in the distance--I waved to you, Becky; did you see me? :)

As I said, we had a fabulous time and made lots of fun memories. My favorite part wasn't where I was so much but who I was with: my men, the people I love most in the world (though I loved where I was too, make no mistake!). I am so thankful we were able to spend those few days away and all together. It was a week I will cherish and I am thankful the Lord granted us a beautiful time of fun and sun and family. These are blessings from the Lord in abundance, with ten thousand beside...

And a note about the pictures: I'm a terrible photographer. Terrible. Because of my serious lack of skill with the most simple point and shoot activity, my husband took all the pictures which is why I am overrepresented and he underrepresented!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Southern California. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it to San Diego and had such a great time! You also fit in Knotts. Loved the photos and the size of that pancake!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, Reading to KnowJuly 26, 2012 4:23 PM

    WOAH that's a HUGE pancake. And totally distracting to me . . . ;D

    ReplyDelete