Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Status Report, January

Sitting...at the breakfast room table.

Eating...Chick Fil A. Yum. I love the chicken strips with Chick Fil A sauce!

Resuming...real life post-Christmas and New Year's and finding it's not so easy. Much coffee has been (and will continue to be) consumed.

Beginning...my first day back to the real world by taking my Suburban to the shop = no fun.

Thankful...for the break and the time spent with family as well as the celebration of the advent of my Savior and the gift of new beginnings and new years.

Planning...some projects around the house. I hope to paint my dining room next week but the first step therein involves stripping wallpaper border, a task not so difficult in itself but this is that paintable embossed border that's been painted at least twice. I fear some frustration lies in my near future.

Thinking...about having the kitchen cabinets painted. Yes, it does sound as if I'm becoming something of a decorator despite myself. I will say though that merely having the thoughts does not necessarily translate into actual accomplishment.

Preparing...for Bible study which resumes on the 15th. We will be studying more of the Old Testament, using Nancy Guthrie's The Lamb of God. I am very excited!

Hoping...to see a rejuvenation of both the blog and my writing life. No promises and no expectations however!

Taking...down the Christmas decorations, such as they were, later this afternoon. It's always a welcome albeit somewhat sad task.

Posting...a list of my favorite reads of 2012 later this week. I know, I know, that is so last year but I figure better late than never!

Resolving...nothing this New Year but to know Jesus and Him crucified (1 Cor. 2:2). Each turn of the calendar from one year to the next seems to remind me of both my insufficiencies and my inability to conquer them on my own. How I need grace! And how gracious the Lord is to provide!

Wishing...you all a blessed and happy New Year full of the hope and joy of Jesus! He is better than life!

6 comments:

  1. I took down the decorations yesterday as per Living to Tell household tradition. I think next year I might start earlier. It was almost overwhelming trying to get it done and all pack away in a day.


    Have fun painting your dining room. Nothing like something fresh and new feeling! I find choosing the color the hardest part. Hopefully that border magically comes off just like that (imagine me snapping my fingers ). :v)


    Happy New Year!


    O

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to that post of your favorite reads in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! I like your resolving...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always like to see your reading lists---there's always something new for me to read. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I love the Chik-fil-a nuggets with Chik-fil-a sauce. And have you tried dipping the waffle fries in it? So good! :) Happy New Year Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Based on your recommendation, I am planning to use the Guthrie study on Genesis in my Sunday school class...as soon as we finish the Gospel of John...which has been in progress for more than a year-and-a-half!

    ReplyDelete